In this article, you will learn how to import subscribers to the Audience.
If you are interested in manually adding subscribers to the Audience, please check out our "Adding New Subscribers to the Audience" article.
Mass Import using CSV/XLSX file
Using the Mass Upload, you can automatically upload many Subscribers to the Audience at once.
How to upload Subscribers
- Go to the Audience menu section.
- Choose the Audience where you would want to import subscribers.
- Go to the "Subscribers" section in the Audience sub-menu.
- Click "Options" and choose "Import Subscribers".
- If you want to import only new subscribers and their related Tags to the Audience in the Tags section, please select "Append." If you're going to upload new Subscribers and overwrite* data and Tags for existing Subscribers in the Tags section, please choose "Replace".
- In the File section, click "Choose File" and upload the CSV or XLSX file with data.
* How replacing works:
Audience data: David Manro, firstname.lastname@example.org, Unsubscribed, Tag: France.
Import list: David Cactus, email@example.com, Subscribed, Tag: Germany.
The result of the Import would be a replacement of what you currently have with new: David Cactus, firstname.lastname@example.org, Subscribed, Tag: Germany.
Important: Overwriting may cause your unsubscribed subscribers to get an active subscription status again.
Upload File Requirements
- Please, use only CSV or XLSX file resolutions
- Please, arrange the data in the following order:
You can find Import Templates in the attachments to this article.
Import Subscribers Report
After importing the subscribers, please, check the Import Subscribers Report on top of the page to ensure everything has been correctly uploaded.
The "Imported subscribers" number shows how many subscribers were successfully processed. The number of "Errors" tells how many subscribers failed to import due to the errors.
To see a detailed report, you can download an "Import Report" or an "Error Report" by clicking on the three dots sign on the row.