What are Tags and why shall you use them?
A tag is a label associated with the contact based on specific characteristics. An example of tagging could be based on gender - "Male" and "Female" or based on location - "France" or "Mexico" or based on the membership status - "VIP" or "Enterprise". A Subscriber can have one or more related tags.
Emailit uses tags as a basis for further Segmentation. Tags would help you segment your audience and send them more personalized campaigns, which are more effective than general emailing.
If you want to learn more about Emailit segmentation, the article "Audience Segmentation" would help you learn more about this topic.
How to manage tags
You can add/delete/adjust the tags for the contact automatically during the import and through the subscription form and manually by editing the Subscriber's profile.
How to manually add or delete Subscriber's tags :
- Go to the Audience menu section.
- Choose the audience related to the Subscriber you want to manage.
- Create a Tag. Go to the "Tags" section in the audience's sub-menu.
- Click the "Create a tag" button.
- Enter a Tag name you want to create in the dialog window and click "Create".
- Assign a tag to the Subscriber. Go to the "Subscribers" section in the audience's sub-menu.
- Choose a subscriber you want to add a tag to and click on the line.
- In the Section "Profile" in the dropdown menu, choose a tag you want to assign. If you want to delete a tag, you can click on the "X" sign next to the tag.
Tagging during Import from XLSX/CSV file
You can mass adjust the tags on the existing subscribers or automatically add tags on the new subscribers during the XLSX/CSV file import.
If you are interested in mass uploading and mass updating contacts with Tags, please check out our "Import Subscribers to the Audience" article.
This method does not require separate Tags creation in the Tags section of the sub-menu like in the Manual Tagging method. The system would automatically create them.