What is Audience Segmentation, and why shall you use it?
Audience Segmentation is a division of your Audience subscribers into smaller groups based on common interests or characteristics. You can segment your Audience based on the Demographics, Stage of the sales funnel, Browsing behavior, email engagement, or other characteristics important for your business.
Segmentation is a great tool to help personalize the email you send. It could nearly triple your open rates. With Segmentation, you can personalize deal recommendations, offers and discounts, and many more.
In Emailit, Segmentation works on the basics of Tags manually or Automatically attached to a subscriber. If you want to learn more about Tags and Tags management, we recommend reading the article "Audience Tags".
How to create Segmentation in Emailit?
- Go to the Audience menu section.
- Open an audience for which you would like to create a segmentation.
- Open "Segments" on the audience's sub-menu.
- Click "Create Segment" and name your new segment.
- In segment details, populate the "Include with Tags" section. Write the tags you want to include in the current segmentation. For function rule "All", all the subscribers who have all populated tags would become a part of the segment. For the function rule "Any", subscribers who have at least one of the populated tags would become a part of the segment.
- Populate "Exclude with Tags" to exclude the subscribers with the following tags from the Segmentation. For function rule "All", all the subscribers who have all populated tags would be excluded from the segment. For the function rule "Any", subscribers who have at least one of the populated tags would be excluded from the segment.
- Save your progress.
- In the Subscribers tab under Segmentation, you would see the final list of the subscribers included in Segmentation based on the rules you set up in the steps above.
Example: Let's imagine you are a Graphic Design company sending a special 10% discount offer for New Yorkers on their first order. You would want to include all of your subscribers from New York; however, you might not want to exclude your current customers, for whom the offer is already not valid (they have done their first order). Thus, on the "Include with Tags", you might put "New York", based on subscriber's locations, and on the "Exclude with Tags", you might put "Customer".
Sending Campaign to a Segments
If you want to learn how to send Campaigns to the Audience's segment, we recommend you read the Article "Sending Campaign to a Segment".