Before you start
Before creating your first Campaign, please make sure to have your first Audience already created or imported. If you want to send a personalized campaign, we recommend you also have Tagging and Segmentation done before creating a Campaign. Articles on Introduction to Audience, Importing subscribers to an Audience, Audience Tags, and Audience Segmentation would help you get started.
How to Create a Campaign?
- Go to the "Campaigns" Menu Section.
- Click on the "Create Campaign" button.
- In the pop-up window, fill in the Campaign's Name and the Audience to whom the campaign should go. If you have also already created an email template to send to the Audience, you shall choose it in the Template drop-down. If not, you can leave it as "None" and fill it in later. After, click on the "Create" button. You will be redirected to the Settings Page of the Campaign.
Important for users of the interactive editor: We recommend you choose at least a draft template in this step. Later you would be able to edit the template in content editing sections. If no template is selected during this step, later you would be able only to create a template from scratch for this campaign or upload a ready template in JSON or HTML format.
- On the Settings page, populate the Subject Line for the email. The recommended length of the subject line is between 41 and 70 characters.
- Next, proof the Audience you have selected. If you want to send a personalized email campaign in the Segment section, change the "Entire list" option to "Segment" and choose a Segment from the drop-down list. If you have not yet created a segmentation for the Audience, the system will provide you with a redirect link to create one.
- In the Tracking section, check the boxes next to "Track when email is opened" and "Track when links are clicked" to enable the reporting options. We recommend you do it to have a better insight into your campaign.
- Check the "Automatically add UTM tags" box if you are using Website analytics, for example, "Google Analytics". It will help you track how many people have visited a website page from the email campaign. You will be able to see these statistics in your Analytics Software.
- Go to the Content page of the Campaign's Sub-menu.
- In the Content Page, if you have not selected a template in step 3, you will by default be proposed to create a new email template in the interactive email editor. To do that, click on the open editor button and make a design. If you have selected a template in step 3, you will find the template you have chosen on the Content page. If you want to change the design or content of the template, you can click on the open editor button. If you are not a user of the interactive editor, you can change the template type in the content by clicking on the "change template type" button and select and upload a template in HTLM code or JSON code.
- In the preview window, you can check how the email would look like when the sender gets it.
- You can also send a test email to see the campaign in action. For this, click the "Send Test" button, populate an email you want to send a test to, and click "send" in the dialog window.
- After finishing the Settings page, Content, and Test of the Campaign, go to the Send Sub-menu page. You can preview all the input and configuration you have inserted for the campaign on the Send page.
- At the bottom of the Send Page, you can configure the timing for the campaign's sending. Select "Send immediately" if you want to campaign to be sent right away and "Schedule for delivery in the future" to have a scheduled delivery. For the scheduled delivery, you would need to choose a date and time in the future. The Date and Time are set in the Time Zone you have configured in your Workspace settings.
- Click on "Send Now" for "Send immediately" or on the "Schedule Delivery" button for "Schedule for delivery in the future" when your campaign is ready and proofread. The system would afterward ask for your double confirmation and redirect you to the Campaign Summary page, where you can track the performance of your campaign if you have enabled the reporting.