In this article, you will learn how to create emails for automation. If you want to learn more about emails for automation, we recommend you reading the "What is an Email for Automations" article.
How to Create an Automation Email?
- Go to Automations menu item and choose Automation emails in sub-menu.
- In the Automation emails section, click the "create email" button.
- In the pop-up dialog window, complete the email name.
- You will be redirected to the settings page of your email.
- Populate "From email" section (the email from which you want the campaign to be sent out).
- Populate the non-mandatory additional information fields: "From name" (the name of the email sender), "Reply-to-email", and "Reply-to-name" ( email and name, which would appear once subscriber would try to reply on the email) and proofread your subject line.
- In the Tracking section, check the boxes next to "Track when email is opened" and "Track when links are clicked" to enable the reporting options. We recommend you do it to have a better insight into your campaign.
- Check the "Automatically add UTM tags" box if you are using website analytics, for example, "Google Analytics". It will help you track how many people have visited a website page from the email campaign. You will be able to see these statistics in your analytics software.
- In the content sub-menu section, choose or upload the template you want to use for the email.
- Next, go to the Delivery sub-menu section and review your email. Please pay special attention to the warnings; they would be marked as an orange cross in the list.
- Your automation email is now ready and can be used in automations.